Instructor: Katie Wolf
A weekend workshop that utilizes a “hands-on” exploration of earth-friendly techniques to demonstrate respect for resources and creative problem-solving. A variety of individual and collaborative assignments will be presented in a manner that challenges the student to experience growth in awareness of the creative process, Nature as master designer, and creating a community of gratitude. A pristine natural environment on the edge of a wilderness area is the setting for the workshop retreat. Aspects will include:
- all weather campsites
- bathroom facilities with hot showers
- nature trails
- a campfire circle gathering area
- personal private meditation sites
- architectural demonstration structures
- a sculpture garden
- meals provided
- workshop materials provided
1) Three pre-weekend evening meetings will be held.
2) One post-weekend evening meeting will be held
3) This class does NOT meet during regular school day. As with other 8th period classes, it does not qualify the student for a study hall.
4) No textbook is required, but additional fees will be incurred.
*This class will be offered pending adequate enrollment.
**This course is offered outside of the 9:00 am – 2:45 pm school day. Length: Friday evening through Sunday evening – one weekend, plus four evening meetings.
Alternate Course Titles for this course (it fulfills all of these):
- Art and Nature Intensive: Art and Architecture 1B (8W) 
- Art and Nature Intensive: Studio Art B (8W) 
- Art and Nature Intensive: Sculpture B (8W)