This one semester course will explore the origin, cultural value, and materials used to create a variety of Latin American handicrafts. Students will make their own craft for each unit. Scheduling approximately 9 class meetings per handicraft project would allow for 5-6 different units during a semester course. The class would be conducted in Spanish. Students would also learn new vocabulary and review a major grammar point per project.
Each craft project would be accompanied by:
- historical background of object
- cultural value and meaning of object
- vocabulary list related to current topic
- at least one main grammar review point
- formal and informal commands
- preterite & imperfect
- present subjunctive
- future & conditional
- at least 2-3 reading comprehension activities
*This class will be offered pending adequate enrollment.